Monday, February 05, 2007

Updates

Hmmm . . . I seem to be not-so-much with the regular updating. In the last two weeks lots has been going on in my tri-life. First off, THE BIKE IS HERE! Okay, to be fair, the frame and fork is here. I have so much learning to do about wrenching. The problem is that I don't really know where to start. And, I don't really have the finances to start either.

The calendar is slowly starting to come together. I have my original plan:

March 25, Shamrock Shuffle
June 9, Liberty Half-Ironman
August 4, Steelhead Half-Ironman
August 26, Chicago Olympic Tri

And the potential bike races:

April: Quick Release Spring Training Series (MI), Willow Creek Time Trial
May: Monster's of Midway, Cobb Park, Memorial Weekend Race Series (IA)
June: Proctor Series Races (IL)
July: IL State Championships
October: ABR Fall Fling (IL)

I have to throw in a few extra tri's to actually win this Tri Club Point Series at work.

In non-tri news, Alysfa has been adding (melo)drama to the family. Apparently she got big by a bug-thing in Peru and got a huge rash all over her chest. This required a trip to the hospital and a few night stay. The drama part is that she didn't call to tell Mom and Dad this, her boyfriend had to call and say that she was in the hospital. I can only imagine the drama in the house. She's okay, but we might never stop talking about this.

Beefy got a job, she's going to be in Georgia, somewhere near Athens. She is slowly becoming a southerner. Every big life event just keeps drawing her farther and farther south. Although, I'm not sure there's much farther south for her to go.

I finally infected my dad with the tri-bug. He signed up for his first one this summer and now he's back in the pool again. I know he'll be okay with the swimming and running, but his bike is rusted solid! He's going to be one of "those guys" at the race :)

Okay, I'm tired and off to bed. For the first time, I will have to leave my water running all night just to keep my pipes from freezing. I love the winter :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home