Tuesday, November 14, 2006

2007 Race Calendar

I finally came up with my 2007 goals. The biggest challenge for 2007 will be completing my first half-ironman. I'd also like to go sub-2:30 at the Chicago Triathlon (Olympic). Training objectives include holding a 21 mph average on the bikes at the big races and improving run speed to 7:00 min/mile.

So, onto the races:

March 25 - Shamrock Shuffle 5-mile race (Chicago, IL)
May 27 - Mad City Half-Marathon (Madison, WI)
June 9 - Liberty Half-Ironman (Independence, MN)
August 4 - Steelhead Half-Ironman (St. Joe's, MI)
August 26 - Chicago Olympic Triathlon (Chicago, IL)
mid-September - Fever River Adventure Tri (Galena, IL)

So far I'm only registered for the Chicago Tri. Liberty HIM and Shamrock Shuffle registration opens on January 1. No info yet on Steelhead or Galena.

The training plan is a work in progress. I have the rough outline of what I need to be doing each week, now I just need to translate that into daily workouts. I have never really done much running speedwork, so that's proving to be a challenge. I have enough biking and swimming workouts, but I can't figure out how to make the treadmill work with speed/hill workouts. I'm trying to get that ironed out this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home