Wednesday, October 18, 2006

I Love Fall

Halloween is my favorite holiday. If I had the vacation time saved up, I probably would take off the 31st and use it to decorate my house. And none of this corny fake spiderweb crap or inflatable Disney character junk, I would do Halloween right - like these guys. Last Halloween was fun, I had a bunch of pumpkins, but was rushed to do all the carving after work and before anyone showed up. Turns out, I shouldn't have worried, I think I had maybe 10 kids. I'm hoping that was a fluke due to the rain. Here are some of the pumpkins I had last year:



The rain cleared today so I got a short run in before my hot lunch date. On my run I decided that I really don't like golf. It seems utterly pointless. I suppose that the purpose of any sport is pretty pointless, but golf really does seem to top the list, IF you consider golf a sport. Why am I ranting on golf? Let me tell you about my psycho golf neighbor (PGN).

I saw PGN in his front yard with a club from a couple of houses away, he was on the opposite side of the road from me, facing away from his house. He was facing me, just standing around lining up a shot. It is worth noting at this point that I live in suburbia, and not the suburbs where there is a lot of room between the houses. All of a sudden, he does his backswing and fires a shot in my direction! PGN is practicing his golf game by shooting from his yard up the street! I yelled something like "hey, watch what you're doing!" His reply was "stay out of the road!" I shouldn't be amazed at the stupidity of people any more but this was pretty shocking. Thankfully he's a bad shot and missed me by a mile, but c'mon, aren't there better places to practice your golf game?!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home