Friday, October 13, 2006

Another busy day today, so not much in way of a workout. I got an hour in on the rollers, about 15 minutes of it was endurance work. I think I need to get a fan for the "basement."

On a less disgusting note, I have decided to get the Tri bike from Blue this season. If they offer the pro discount on the T14, I'm going for it. Its too bad they don't sell complete bikes, and I'm not a good mechanic. Paul offered to help me put it together if I was willing to learn some of the basics of bike maintenance. I'm no pro mechanic but I'm willing to learn, especially if it means saving some big bucks on putting together a bike.

Aerus has some nice handlebars and HED makes some wheels I've been drooling over, but I still have to decide some of the basics. I've been tempted by the SRAM gruppo, but don't know if I want to try out something so new, especially if local bike mechanics don't know how to work on it. I'm also debating the whole tubular/clincher wheels. I'm not real keen on patching flats on the road, so it would be nice to just replace the tube/tire and be done with it. Since I'd be doing tris and carrying extra equipment anyways, this might be the way to go. But I'll probably go with tubulars anyways just to simplify things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home