Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Back In The Saddle

After a few days off, I'm back on with the training plan. Monday's weather was perfect for a run (65 degrees and sunshine-y!), so I got about 5 miles in, then hopped up on the bike to spin for a while.

Unlike most people, I actually enjoy riding on my trainer. I find that it actually keeps me focused on cadence, heart rate, form, etc. When I ride outside, I tend to be more focused on people around me, seeing the sights, road conditions, mechanical problems and the like. I sometimes forget to work out when I'm road riding. Maybe the difference is my trainer - I have rollers, not the floor trainer, so I have to concentrate on staying upright as well as my workout.

I got another hour of riding in today with some interval work - 1 minute sprints every 5 minutes for the duration of the ride. I think I'm going to try and make it to the gym tomorrow to give my legs some time off before the end of the week. I really wish I didn't have such a hang-up about lifting.

Maybe I'm strange, but I find that I eat better when I work out. For some strange reason I can ignore the candy dish or the junk food because I know that they'll make me feel like crap during my workout. When I take a break from exercising I find it really hard to eat right. I would have thought it would be the other way around . . .

I spent a good part of the evening drooling over the Blue bikes, trying to decide how to build one for next season. I'm not a mechanic, nor do I know enough about tri bike components to purchase the parts to put one together. If only I knew a good mechanic . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home